Discover why we’re not like other moving companies
Not all removalist companies are created equal! When it comes to moving house you want the confidence in knowing your precious belongings will arrive safely and promptly on the other side.
At Alongshore our business model for success is simple. Work hard, be fair and honest, provide our customers with the best moving experience possible and pay an honest day’s wage for an honest day’s work. These simple principles have been the cornerstone of our success for over three decades and have helped build Alongshore Removals into one of Sydney’s most trusted and best moving companies. And we are not done yet!
“Work hard, be fair and honest”
These simple principles have been the cornerstone of our success for over three decades and have helped build Alongshore Removals into one of Sydney’s most trusted and best moving companies. Our level of customer service is unparalleled in the industry which is evident in the plethora of customer reviews we have accumulated over the years.
Alongshore removals was born in 1989 when founder Jon Green travelled to Australia in the 1980’s and found a niche at the time for honest, quality home removal services.
Meanwhile, Matt Burrell was busy growing up in Rozelle, attending Birchgrove Primary, and ultimately becoming school captain of Balmain High School (now Sydney Secondary College, Junior Campus). In 2003, Matt joined Alongshore Removals as a 19-year-old university student. Over the next 15 years, Matt worked with Jon to build a solid business which has gone from strength to strength. Matt took over the running of the company in 2017 and more recently Jon has retired, but the same principles that built the company – “work hard, be fair and honest” – remain the cornerstone of the business.
At Alongshore Removals, we believe a strong commitment to environmental sustainability is critical to ethically running a business. We care about sustainability and our environmental footprint at every level of the company. Some of the ways we actively choose to focus on sustainability include:
- Reuse of packing materials and boxes, wherever possible
- Once unpacked, we come & pick up old boxes to be used again or recycled
- Recycling of “end of life” products
- Sourcing biodegradable materials where possible
- We compost paper and cardboard, and recycle the rest
- Planning routes to maximise efficiency
- Ensuring all company vehicles are designed to minimise emissions and maximise fuel efficiency
- Ensuring all company vehicles are well maintained and regularly serviced
- Running a paperless office as much as possible
- Turning off all lights and computers, in the office, at the end of the day
With Alongshore Removals, you can rest assured that we will do everything we can to minimise the environmental impact of your move.