We all know the weather is impossible to predict these days so the biggest question we always get is “can we still move in the rain?”. The short answer is absolutely! Here at Alongshore Removals all of our team, trucks, materials, equipment and techniques are optimised to ensure your belongings stay as safe as possible thanks to our 30 years of experience. A little bit of rain won’t kill us and thanks to our branded raincoats we’re perfectly protected as they’re made from fast drying, water resistant material.
The Alongshore difference……
The main difference that sets us apart from other removalists is our custom-made trucks! Here’s some of the features we included in our trucks that allows us to move in the rain more efficiently and safely:
- Luton Peak (additional box that sits over the cab of the truck) that allows us to pack extra fragile or water sensitive objects such as a canvas up high, away from any water that could potentially be on the floor.
- Side door option which is helpful when it comes to wet weather as it allows us to create a smaller gap, thus letting less water in.
- Wooden floors which prevent rusting and staining of any belongings as well as slip proof. Most trucks has metal floors which tend to encourage mould growth in blankets and ultimately ruin your possessions.
We take extra precautions to protect your belongings from being exposed to the wet weather such as providing protective padded blankets to wrap around your furniture/belongings, preventing any damage, scratches or water marks. Here’s some of the equipment/materials we bring along:
- Felt pads to increase foot grip in the rain.
- Heavy duty water resistant synthetic blankets to protect from rain.
- Light weight synthetic blankets that dry quickly.
- Plastic mattress and couch covers to protect item from downpours.
We additionally take pride in in protecting your property which is why we use blankets in the thoroughfare of any unit or house to prevent mud or wet feet ruining a surface.
Now that you assured we have everything covered here are a few things you can do beforehand to ensure a more efficient move!
- Have a door mat or old blankets at the entry so that the team wipe and dry their shoes before entering your home.
- Be sure that your driveway is set up so our trucks can pull up as close to your home as possible. If you live in an apartment complex, be sure to talk with your apartment manager and arrange to have a convenient location for our moving truck to park.
So when you have no choice but to move in the rain due to settlement or end of lease, that experience is the difference between a SAFE, EFFICIENT MOVE, that sees your belongs arrive intake and undamaged, and a high risk, chaotic move full of dangerous practices and comprises to quality. So why risk your precious belongings with amateurs or a start-up company? Go with a company that has seen it all before!
Our results speak for themselves. We are one of the most trusted brands in Sydney with outstanding reviews and a proven track record built on hard work, quality service and value for money. Get a quote today https://www.alongshoreremovals.com.au/